Host an In-Kind Donation Drive
Hosting a drive with your friends, colleagues or church congregation is an easy way to help many unhoused people at one time.
Host a Drive
- Choose which drive you would like to host.*
- Decide who you will ask to help collect and assemble items (friends or colleagues or you and your kids or just you! etc.).
- How many kits or items will you collect?
- Set your dates: By what date(s) do you want to have the items collected, assembled and delivered?
- Contact Rachel Davidson by email at Rachel@StreetsTeam.org with the above information.
- Kick off your drive!
*We are also happy to pair this activity with a speaking engagement, offering a unique opportunity to hear our Team Members’ powerful stories about why they became homeless.
Choose a Donation Drive below.
- Basic Needs Gift Card Drive. Gift cards provide an easy way for unhoused people to fulfill their basic needs. We’ve found that our Team Members enjoy having the flexibility to purchase the items they need, as they need them. This helps them feel more secure as they pursue housing and employment. We suggest donating the following gift cards:
- Safeway MyChoice
- CVS Pharmacy
- Employment Welcome Kits. Securing a job is at the top of the list for many of our Team Members, and when they do it’s a huge milestone. Help them kick off their newest journey with one of these “starter kits.” Collect and assemble items from this List of Suggestions.
- Hygiene Outreach and Welcome Home Kits. One is travel size for people living on the streets, the other is full size items for people who are newly housed. We conduct outreach weekly to people who are living on the streets, and having a travel-size, lightweight baggie containing shampoo, sunscreen, hand sanitizer and a wash cloth can be truly life saving. When someone obtains housing, we like to welcome them with the same items, but full size. Whichever route you choose, these kits are powerful. View the the list of suggested items and begin collecting.
- Brand new adult socks. Socks are the most needed and least donated item for people living on the streets. Can you imagine wearing the same socks day after day, maybe without showering for weeks? Socks are a huge comfort and great gift. Collect as many as you like.
- Experiences. Tickets to concerts, movies and other fun events are fun ways to help our Team Members feel like they are part of their community, while also giving them an enjoyable event to look forward to attending.
- Palo Alto Monthly Food Drive. Our Downtown Food Closet in Palo Alto provides bags of food to low-income individuals and families. To set up a food drive, please contact Maureen Damrel at Maureen@StreetsTeam.org. Please no baby food, condensed soups or cosmetics/toiletries